You’ve probably heard about the benefits of best Flooring Adelaide. It’s a great way to create a unique look in your home, and it can also help improve the energy efficiency of your property. But choosing which type of flooring is best for your home isn’t always easy – especially if you’re not sure what to look out for when shopping around.
We’re going to share some of our top tips and tell you more about the different types of flooring available on the market today.
Before we dive into all the different types of flooring out there, let’s talk about some tips for choosing the right one for your home.
- Use your budget as a guide
- Take into consideration what kind of lifestyle you lead and how that will affect your choice in flooring
- Think about where you spend most of your time in your house and what kind of activity it gets used for (for example, if you’re an avid gamer or have young kids who like to play outside on rainy days)
Solid Timber Flooring
Solid timber flooring is the most natural choice, and it’s also the most economical. Solid timber flooring is simply a single piece of wood. This means there are no hidden layers or fillers that can chip or wear down over time, which is also a great feature for high-traffic areas like your kitchen and bathroom.
Solid timber floors come in different types including engineered and solid wood sheets—each with its own unique characteristics. Engineered hardwood products offer many benefits: they’re less expensive than solid wood because they are made from smaller pieces of wood glued together; they’re lighter, easier to install; and may be more resistant to moisture damage than their solid counterparts (which tend to absorb moisture). The downside? A little more maintenance required! If you’ve got kids who like playing in their rooms (or even just pets!), then this might not be your best bet because scratches are more likely on this type of flooring—and scratches equal money down the drain if you have to replace it sooner rather than later!
Bamboo flooring is a great choice for any home, but especially those that have kids or pets. It’s a sustainable material made from hardwood, which means it will last a long time and require little maintenance. Bamboo floors are also natural and renewable resources, which makes them an environmentally friendly option as well.
Laminate flooring is a great choice for busy homes with kids and pets. It’s also commonly used in kitchens and bathrooms because it’s easy to clean and doesn’t absorb water, making it a practical choice for these high-traffic areas. Laminate flooring is also a popular choice for rental properties, as the material is durable enough to withstand the wear and tear of tenants moving in or out of the property.
Finally, laminate flooring can be installed over any existing subflooring (such as tile), which makes it an excellent option for apartment dwellers who want to give their space an update without having to rip up their existing floors.
Vinyl flooring is a popular choice for homeowners, due to its durability and affordability. Vinyl is also easy to clean and maintain, making it a smart choice for families with little ones running around.
Vinyl flooring is water resistant and features a non-slip surface, so you don’t have to worry about your floors getting slippery when there’s moisture on them (such as rain or snow).
Because vinyl flooring is made of polymers that are heated up and then cooled down rapidly, it can be installed in any room in your home—including basements!
Finally, because vinyl comes in such a wide variety of colours and styles (including patterned tiles), you’ll be able to find exactly what fits your design needs best.
Tiles – Ceramic And Porcelain
Tiles are, hands down, the most popular choice for kitchen or bathroom floors. They’re easy to clean and sanitize with soap and water and they can be easily removed if they need to be replaced. Tiling is also easier than laying linoleum or vinyl because you don’t have to worry about tearing up the surface underneath your tiles when you’re working on them.
If you want a durable floor that will last through many years of wear and tear, then ceramic or porcelain tiles are your best bet. These types of tile come in all sorts of styles—from traditional ceramic borders with intricate designs (think: faux marble) to simple kitchen surfaces made from porcelain brickwork designs that can look like glass blocks but won’t break as easily (and aren’t nearly as fragile). Either way, these two materials give off an elegant vibe that’s perfect for any room in your home!
Decide between modern, traditional or contemporary flooring for your home.
- Modern: Modern flooring is the most popular in Australia. It’s durable, easy to clean and hard wearing making it perfect for busy homes. If you have pets or kids, modern flooring will stand up to their activities.
- Traditional: Traditional flooring is a great option for homes with lots of natural light as it reflects the sun beautifully. Like modern floors, traditional can be used anywhere in your home and will suit any decor style you choose.
- Contemporary: If you are looking for something different but still want something that can be used anywhere in your home then contemporary may be right for you! Contemporary has a lighter feel than traditional or modern which makes it ideal if you are planning on using other materials such as stone or granite countertop designs throughout your kitchen renovation project in Sydney or Melbourne.*
So hopefully you’re now clear on which type of Flooring Adelaideis best for your home. Remember that there’s no right or wrong answer here: what matters most is finding a style that makes sense for you and your space, so choose wisely. And if at all possible, try out some samples before committing to anything permanent!